To foster the most successful and well adjusted generation of former service personnel, particularly Veterans, in Australia’s history.
To HONOUR and EMPOWER former service personnel (Veterans) and their families particularly those who suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as they transition to civilian life.
- TRUST – The foundation for all relationships is TRUST. Warriors Return has become recognised as the “trusted mate” of thousands of Australian Veterans.
- EMPOWER – Australian Veterans are not victims! In everything Warriors Return does we aim to empower Veterans to take control of their own life and their own future.
- LEAD – Warriors Return listens and then acts, leading the way in innovative programs and representation of the Veteran Community.
OUR DEFINITION OF ‘VETERAN’
A Veteran is: Anyone who has served in the Australian Defence Force.
We do not discriminate based on conflict, service or operational experience.
OBJECTIVES:We aim to
- Provide a COMMUNITY for those affected by PTSD and transition issues, where they can feel connected and part of a family who share their experiences.
- Develop PROGRAMS that assist Veterans with PTSD and issues with transition to civilian life.
- REFER Veterans and their families to welfare and compensation specialists with a trusted track record.
- Raise AWARENESS of military related PTSD and the issues facing Veterans and their families on transitioning to civilian life.
- LOBBY appropriate government and non-government organisations on behalf of Veterans and their families.
WHAT WE DO
- Intervention – “Managing” Veterans when they are in crisis by gathering around them the resources and support they require.
- Support – Maintaining both “online” and face-to-face support networks for Veterans and their families.
- Rehabilitation – Through cutting edge group programs and online media.
- Education – Raising awareness of all Veterans’ issues to the Australian community and educating Veterans about their situation and their rights.
- Influence – Lobbying and influencing Government.